PDA

View Full Version : NZXT Focus Group

Mac Daddy
09-12-2010, 11:04 AM
I have been asked by Johnny Hou and Victoria Chiang of NZXT to join a Focus Group they are creating. The actual group will consist of 5 or 6 people including myself and will be officially in place in October. Our job is to evaluate pre-production and prototype samples and feedback to NZXT designers to aid in development.

I cannot discuss these samples or development because of NDA's I will be signing with NZXT. I can however collect feedback from customers who have purchased retail product, and send that feedback directly to NZXT designers and engineers.

I am posting this on only 2 forums that I trust, my own TNHW and KitGuru. Please feedback and I will help as I can :)

Dave

RE III - Frankie
09-13-2010, 06:41 AM
NZXT products are not normally shelved here in Adelaide!@ But I love the way the sentry fan controllers are. Top rate gear!@

Mac Daddy
09-13-2010, 07:03 AM
Well Bro any assistance you need let me know :)

squall leonhart
09-28-2010, 06:08 PM
In my opinion, with high powered graphic cards and high heat cpu's, the Rogue should Intake on both side panels and exhaust out the rear.

when installing a cooler like the TRUE, you can only place the fan on one side, which benefits from intake fans on that side.

Unfortunately that means either using the opposite side as exhaust, and thus sucking warm air through the case which doesn't benefit the graphics card, or using it an an unfiltered intake fan.

Slightly positive pressure would benefit this case better, it has plenty of gaps to vent through, and negative pressure tends to suck dust through every single gap, even the USB ports.

So with that, i believe that the rogue should come with 2 filters prefitted with fans, and 2 additional / optional filters.

squall leonhart
11-15-2010, 07:37 AM
In regards to graphic card clearance in the mid and full tower designs, instead of saying "Large" graphic cards, how about specifying what cards have been tested to fit.

I have seen 10.5" cards in the 921 and 921 RB that fit, albet barely, but they fit none the less.

RE III - Frankie
11-17-2010, 06:22 AM
I have been looking at diff cases lately and one thing that stood out for me was the ability to support more than gpus on a motherboard in a case that has the expansion slots available. This for me is a deciding factor for my next build.

andyg
06-28-2011, 04:08 AM
This is really cool. I will be sure to follow this thread.

Next year I am planning on building a new rig, and the only component I have pretty much got my mind set on is the NZXT Phantom case. It seems ideal for my needs.:)

Edit: Squall Leonhart makes some very good points. Especially about GPU size. Just saying "Large" is meaningless. Measurements are needed. And preferably info. on largest cards - do they fit or not?
For example, the gigantic 6990 would be classed as "Very Large" in my opinion, but without real measurements that doesn't mean a lot. More detail please.

Mac Daddy
06-28-2011, 07:03 AM
Yes we are working on more detail Andy, especially in the manuals.

We have a few new items upcoming in the way of cases. All I can say for now :)

andyg
06-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Yes we are working on more detail Andy, especially in the manuals.

We have a few new items upcoming in the way of cases. All I can say for now :)

Understood you can't say anything not publicly released - of course.

I must say I am really glad you are on the case! It's great to be buddies with a member of the focus group!:)

Mac Daddy
06-28-2011, 07:49 AM
Doing what I can Bro ;)

andyg
06-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Doing what I can Bro ;)

Thanks man!:)

I'll no doubt be asking you and they guys over at KG plenty of questions and advice when the time comes to take the plunge and build my first rig from scratch! Won' t be till next year though. (Ivy Bridge and cash flow, plus my current rig runs great with all the editions and upgrades I've done to it.)

RE III - Frankie
06-30-2011, 06:42 AM
My fav nzxt brand cases are the Lexa S and Guardian 921. :)

Mac Daddy
06-30-2011, 07:01 AM
The Lexa S I haven't looked at, the Guardian 921 I sent to Robert for his new build ;)

RE III - Frankie
05-08-2012, 06:05 AM
I was looking at NZXT before I bought the Raven case I have.

RE III - Frankie
07-07-2012, 03:21 AM
hey Dave? Do you think NZXT can outdo the Raven 1 chassis style? I would love to see that. I am looking to upgrade my case soon so i will be interested. Also a requirement would be 10 PCI slots thx :)

Mac Daddy
07-08-2012, 04:35 PM
hey Dave? Do you think NZXT can outdo the Raven 1 chassis style? I would love to see that. I am looking to upgrade my case soon so i will be interested. Also a requirement would be 10 PCI slots thx :)
I am sure they can ;)

Just getting caught up there after my absence Bro. Will keep you folks posted as I can.